Terms & Conditions
Welcome to iwarranty!
These terms and conditions of use (Terms) govern your use of iWarranty and provide information about our service (iWarranty Service) which we outline in more detail below. When you create an account or otherwise use iwarranty, you agree that there is an agreement between you and iwarranty Ltd on these Terms and that you will abide by them.
We agree to provide you with the iwarranty app which includes all of the different functionality, features, applications, technologies and software that we provide to advance our vision and help you better access and manage your warranties.
The iwarranty Service seeks to enable consumers to utilise different capabilities as they are developed, including to capture receipts, scan barcodes and register their products, see a summary of key warranty terms and make a claim.
In order to facilitate this service, this may involve us storing and transferring data across our systems or those of our service providers such as manufacturers, insurers or retailers around the world, including outside of your country of residence. This infrastructure may be owned or operated by us or our third party service providers.
We may also connect you with brands, products, and services where you want this and in ways you care about by using iwarranty user data, as well as from third-party partners, to show you ads, offers, and other sponsored content that we believe will be meaningful to you in accordance with your instructions.
In return for our providing you with the iwarranty Service while using the service, you agree to the following commitments in order to make iwarranty as open, inclusive, safe and secure as possible while retaining its character of privacy, and otherwise being used in accordance with the law:
- You are at least 13 years old.
- You must not be prohibited from receiving any aspect of our Service under applicable laws.
- We must not have previously disabled your account for violation of law or any of our policies or laws.
- You must not be use iwarranty in a harmful manner including impersonating others or providing deliberately misleading information. While you do not have to disclose your identity you must otherwise provide us with accurate and up to date information (including registration information) and not impersonate someone or create or access an account for someone else unless you have their express permission.
- You must not do anything unlawful, misleading, or fraudulent or for an illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- You must not violate (or help or encourage others to violate) these Terms or our policies and will report any such conduct or content to us of which you are aware.
- You will not do anything to interfere with or impair the intended operation of the iwarranty Service.
- You will not collect information or content you access through the iwarranty Service including by content provided by other people with whom you communicate in unauthorised ways or otherwise without consent.
- You will not post or otherwise announce or communicate private or confidential information or do anything that violates someone else’s rights, including intellectual property.
- We can remove any content or information you share on the iwarranty Service if we believe that it violates these Terms, our policies, or we are required to do so by law. We can refuse to provide or stop providing all or part of the iwarranty Service to you (including terminating or disabling your account) immediately if you: clearly, seriously or repeatedly violate these Terms, if you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, or where we are required to do so by law. If we take action to remove your content for violating our Community Guidelines or disable or terminate your account, we will notify you where appropriate. If you believe your account has been terminated in error, or you want to disable or permanently delete your account, consult our Help Center.
- The content you delete may persist for a limited period of time in backup copies and will still be visible where others have shared it. This paragraph and the section below called “Our Agreement and What Happens if We Disagree,” will still apply even after your account is terminated or deleted.
- You must not attempt to transfer, buy or sell any aspect of your account (including your username) or solicit, collect, or use the login credentials or badges of other users.
As part of our Terms, you also give us permissions that we need to provide the Service including:
- A licence to use your content. We do not claim ownership of your content and the use of iwarranty is not intended to change your rights in your content. We do not claim ownership of your content that you post on or through the Service. Instead, when you share, post, or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights (like photos or videos) on or in connection with our Service, you hereby grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and application settings). You can end this license anytime by deleting your content or account. However, the content will continue to appear if you shared it with others and they have not deleted it. To learn more about how we use information, and how to control or delete your content, review the Data Policy.
- Permission to use your username, profile picture, and information about your relationships and actions with accounts you communicate with and where you select, ads, and sponsored content without any compensation from us to you. For example, were you instructed us to show you meaningful ads, we may show that you liked a sponsored post created by a brand that has paid us to display its ads that relate to your choices. As with actions on other content and follows of other accounts, actions on sponsored content and follows of sponsored accounts can be seen only by people who have permission to see that content or follow. We respect your ad settings which can learn more about being contacting iwarranty.
- You agree that we can download and install updates to the iwarranty Service on your device
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account, we may change it if we believe it is appropriate or necessary (for example, if it infringes on someone’s intellectual property or impersonates or is too similar to another user).
If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we own or have licensed and make available (for example, images, text, designs, videos, or sounds we provide that you add to the content you create or share), we or our third-party licensors retain all rights to ours and their content (but not yours).
You can only use our or our third parties’ intellectual property and trademarks or similar marks as expressly permitted by our or their brand guidelines or with our or their prior written permission. You must obtain written permission from us or under an applicable open source license to modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.
Our mutual agreement
If any aspect of or particular provision within these Terms is unenforceable, the rest will remain in effect.
Any amendment or waiver to these Terms must be in writing and signed by us. If we fail to enforce any aspect of this agreement, it will not be a waiver.
We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
This agreement does not give rights to any third parties. You cannot transfer your rights or obligations under this agreement without our consent. Our rights and obligations can be assigned to others. For example, this could occur if our ownership changes (as in a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets) or by law.
What happens if something occurs
We will use reasonable skill and care in providing the iwarranty Service to you and in keeping a safe, secure, and error-free environment, but we cannot guarantee or make assurances that this will always function without disruptions, delays, imperfections or other issues. Provided we have acted with reasonable skill and care, we do not accept responsibility for: losses not caused by our breach of these Terms or otherwise by our acts; losses which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of entering into these Terms; any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable content posted by others that you may encounter on our Service; and events beyond our reasonable control. Subject to the following provision. These terms and the above do not exclude or limit our liability for death, personal injury, or fraudulent misrepresentation caused by our negligence. It also does not exclude or limit our liability for any other things where the law does not permit us to do so. Subject to this, however, our liability for any losses arising out of our performance of these Terms shall be limited to the extent permitted by law.
If you are a consumer and habitually reside in a Member State of the European Union, the laws of that Member State will apply to any claim, cause of action, or dispute you have against us that arises out of or relates to these Terms (“claim”), and you may resolve your claim in any competent court in that Member State that has jurisdiction over the claim. In all other cases, you agree that the claim must be resolved in a competent court in the United Kingdom and that the laws of England and Wales will govern these Terms and any claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
We always appreciate feedback or other suggestions, but may use them without any restrictions or obligation to compensate you for them, and are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
Updating These Terms
We may change our iwarranty Service and policies, and we may need to make changes to these Terms so that they accurately reflect our Service and policies. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you (for example, through our Service) at least 30 days before we make changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect. Then, if you continue to use the Service, you will be bound by the updated Terms. If you do not want to agree to these or any updated Terms, you can delete your account, here.
Version: 15 December 2019.
We care about your personal data
We appreciate your interest in our products and services and your visit to this website. Your privacy is important to us and we want you to feel comfortable with how we use and share your personal information.
Who is the data controller?
A data controller is the individual or legal person who controls the use of the data and is responsible for keeping it safe. The laws apply to personal data in both paper and electronic files. iwarranty Ltd will be a data controller as defined by relevant data protection laws and regulations.
Protecting your privacy is a top priority for us. This notice explains how and what type of personal data will be collected, why it is collected and with whom it is shared. Please read this notice carefully.
2. What personal data will be collected?
Depending on the type of product or service we provide to you, we will collect and process various types of personal data about you:
- surname, first name
- place of residence
- date of birth
- telephone numbers
- email address
- credit/debit card and bank account details
- purchase receipt/product images
some of which may be required for fraud detection purposes.
A Warranty Assistance
In the event of your use of our app, we will collect and process data relating to that use to enable us to provide our service to you.
B Travel and Homecare
We may also collect and process special category data about you, such as medical information, where you have purchased a travel or homecare product.
3. How will we obtain and use your personal data?
We will collect and use the personal data that you provide to us and that we receive about you (as explained below) for a number of purposes. We provide more information in the following table:
Do we need your express consent?
the administration of products and services (for example, sending details of cover, handling claims, providing warranty terms, quotes, underwriting)
fraud prevention and detection
to meet any legal obligations (for example, regulatory, tax, accounting and administrative obligations)
to redistribute risk by means of reinsurance and co-insurance
to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/ communications for the benefit of our customers
to enhance the security of our networks and information systems
to better understand how people interact with our websites
to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising
From time to time we may wish to inform you, or permit selected third parties to inform you about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you in accordance with your marketing preferences. However, we can only do this with your express, written consent. You can change your mind about this at any time by contacting us as set out in section 10 below.
We will process personal data we receive about you from third parties such as brokers and business partners, other insurers and fraud prevention agencies.
We will process your personal data where it is necessary for us to comply with our contractual obligations to you, or where we need to take pre-contractual steps at your request.
We will process your personal data where necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests. “Legitimate interests” means the interests of our company in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/products and the best and most secure experience. When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we make sure that we consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights under the data protection laws. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests –we will not use your personal data where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we are required or permitted by law).
Special category data is personal data which is regarded as more sensitive and so needs greater protection and so will only use your personal data for the purposes described above if you agree with that and would like to buy our products and services. If you do not wish to provide this to us, we may not be able to provide the products and services to you.
4. Who will have access to your personal data?
We will ensure that your personal data is processed in a manner that is compatible with the purposes indicated above.
For the reasons stated above, your personal data may be disclosed to the following parties who operate as third party data controllers such as:
- Insurers, retailers and manufactures, technical consultants, lawyers and loss adjustors, third party repairers in respect of your appliance products; service companies to discharge operations (claims, IT, postal, document management; and
- advertisers and advertising networks to send you marketing communications, as permitted under local law and in accordance with your communication preferences). We do not share your personal data with non-affiliated third parties for marketing purposes without your permission.
- Finally, we may share your personal data in the following instances:
- in the event of any contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in any insolvency or similar proceedings); and
- to meet any legal obligation, including to the Financial Ombudsman Services if you make a complaint about the product or service we have provided to you.
5. Where will my personal data be processed?
Your personal data may be processed both inside and outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) by the parties specified in section 4 above, subject always to contractual restrictions regarding confidentiality and security in line with applicable data protection laws and regulations. We will not disclose your personal data to parties who are not authorised to receive it.
Whenever we transfer your personal data for processing outside of the EEA, we will take steps to ensure that the transfer of your personal data outside of the EEA receives the same level of protection as it does in the EEA.
- What are your rights in respect of your personal data?
Where permitted by applicable law or regulation, you have the right to:
- access the personal data held about you and to learn the origin of the data, the purposes and ends of the processing, the details of the data controller(s), the data processor(s) and the parties to whom the data may be disclosed;
- withdraw your consent at any time where your personal data is processed with your consent;
- update or correct your personal data so that it is always accurate;
- delete your personal data from our records if it is no longer needed for the purposes indicated above;
- restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, for example where you have contested the accuracy of your personal data, for the period enabling us to verify its accuracy;
- obtain your personal data in an electronic format for you or for your new insurer; and
- file a complaint with us and/or the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You may exercise these rights by contacting us as detailed in section 10 below.
7. How can you object to the processing of your personal data?
You have the right to object to us processing your personal data, or tell us to stop processing it (including for purposes of direct marketing). Once you have informed us of this request, we shall no longer process your personal data unless permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
You may exercise this right in the same manner as for your other rights indicated in section 6 above.
8. How long do we keep your personal data?
We will retain your personal data for a maximum of seven years from the date the date you have notified us or we otherwise become aware that you have ceased using our app. If we are able to do so we will delete or anonymise certain areas of your personal data as soon as that information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was obtained.
9. Automated decision making, including profiling
We may use automated decision making, including profiling, to assess how we may best provide our products or services to you, including insurance, insurance risks, detection of fraud, and to administer your claims. This helps us to decide whether to offer the insurance and determine prices.
If you have any concerns regarding the decision reached, please let us know at the contact details set out in section 10 below and we will arrange for a person to check the accuracy of the result.
10. How can you contact us?
If you have any queries about how we use your personal data, you can contact us as follows:
By post: Data Protection Officer, iwarranty Limited, 19-21 Crawford Street, Marylebone W1H1PN
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will need details of your name, email address, policy number, and purpose of your request.
11. How often do we update this privacy notice?
We regularly review this privacy notice. This privacy notice was last updated in December 2019.